China Confirms Suspension of Entry of Indian to Kailash Mansarovar

0
57

China today confirmed that it had suspended the entry of Indians to Kailash Mansarovar, and lodged a formal protest with New Delhi after an alleged cross-border incursion by Indian troops.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said, “We have lodged solemn representation in Beijing and New Delhi to elaborate our solemn position.” China’s diplomatic protest was in response to the “trespassing into the Chinese border by Indian border personnel.” He demanded “immediate actions” by India to withdraw personnel “who have overstepped and trespassed into Chinese border.”

On Monday, the Chinese defence ministry said in a statement that the occurrence at the frontier was “seriously endangering the peace and stability of the border areas.”

Both India and China hold divergent perceptions about the incident, which apparently took place earlier this month in the Doka La region along the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction.

Leave a Reply

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here